Saturday, March 6, 2010

New Vanity

We have always hated our vanity. This is the best "before" picture I can find, but, by this point, we had already pained the cabinet doors, so it looked a little nicer than it started. Either way, it was one of those "necessary evils" that we were living with, because vanities are expensive, and we are saving for bigger fish (fishes?). A couple weeks ago (yes, I'm catching up!), Lindsay saw a vanity on sale at HD for $40. So we jumped on that. To my credit, it only sat in our living room for a couple days before I decided it was vanity day. It ended up staying like ... this ... for awhile.


For some reason, the builder did not include on/off knobs for the water supply to the vanity, so I had to shut off the water to the entire house to install it. This is/was a pain, so I decided to install some knobs myself. As it turns out, the supply lines running to this vanity are a strange breed -- I couldn't find the fitting anywhere! So our bathroom was a bit of chaos for a few days until I decided to give up and just install them like it was before -- knob free. In any event, it looks like this now:

2 comments:

  1. I need you to come to my house and replace our vanity... it is old and stupid.

    Also: I created a blog on blogger (obviously), because I know how much you hated tumblr ;) that's not the ONLY reason, but I did think about it haha

    Hope all is well!! Miss you both so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, so you're saying you didn't like that sweet brown marbled vanity that didn't match anything else in the bathroom? Sheesh. Haha.

    ReplyDelete